Pulling Pain & Numbness in One Leg (Sciatica)
Do you have numbness, tingling and pulling sensation on only one side of your leg? Chances are you may have sciatica. Sciatica is different to general back pain. The pain of sciatica hardly affects the back at all but radiates out from the lower back, down the buttocks and into one or both of the legs, right down to the calf.
The pain often gets worse over time and may also be made worse by:
- sneezing, coughing or laughing (impulse pain)
- standing or sitting for a long period of time
- bending backwards
Anything that causes irritation or puts pressure on the sciatic nerve can cause sciatica, including:
- Herniation Disc (or slipped disc) – the cushions between the bones of your spine bulge out of place and press on the nerve as it exits the spinal column
- Disk degeneration-caused by aging or arthritis
- Spinal Stenosis -narrowing of the spinal canal in the lumbar area
- Spondylolisthesis -slippage of a bone in the low back
- Muscle Strain or ligaments in the area
How Can Osso Help Sciatica?
Sciatica is caused by the herniation of disc in your lumbar spine (L5). This is due to long-term of forceful impact and pressure has been put on one side of the nerve, collapsing the disc and resulting in sciatica.
In Osso Bone Care, we will focus in treating the affected area by adjusting your lumbar spine and making sure your disc is in an even and balanced position. (Example, if you’re feeling numbness and pain in your right leg, we will then perform Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique and Spinal Decompression Therapy by rotating the angle of the table to balance the pressure)
This rotation is essential as it helps to release the pressure between the vertebras and causing a negative pressure to form in the center of the disc. This will create a suction effect that draws in and reduces any disc herniation or bulges.
If left untreated, sciatica can cause limping when walking. In some serious case, some patients can’t even walk properly.
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms as mentioned above, please kindly get yourself checked today by calling our phone number or visit us today!