Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ®
At Osso Bone Care we are proud to say that we are 1st in Malaysia offering manual Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ® and we know by having this technique we are offering the highest standard of care to our patients.
What is the Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ®?
Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ® involves the use of a specialised table that simultaneously stretches and flexes the spine in a gentle cyclic motion. Gentle pressure is applied to specific areas of contact that is intended to relieve pain, as well as restore motion and realign the spine. There is no pain involved in the treatment and in fact, most patients report a relief of pain instantaneously.
It is most effective for reducing the effects of degenerative disc diseases; lumbar and thoracic disc herniations/bulges and offers several additional benefits including:
– Improved posture and range of motion in low back, hips and legs.
– Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ® is proven to reduce pressure inside the spinal disc, widen the spinal canal, reduce pressure on the
spinal nerves, and return motions to spinal joints.
– Brief, painless treatments; may be suitable for people who cannot tolerate pain.
– Increases circulation and improves nerve conditioning.
– Comfortably stretches back, buttock, and leg muscles.
– Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ® is non-surgical, practitioner-controlled, hands-on therapy for spinal pain conditions. It is low force and uses
finesse rather than abrupt force to restore normal motion to the spine, meaning it is usually a completely painless therapy.
– It is a very safe, effective, conservative and definite alternative to explore if spinal surgery has been recommended.
It is a very safe, effective, conservative and a definite alternative to explore if spinal surgery has been recommended.
How does this treatment helps to manage the symptoms of disc injury?
The gentle pumping rhythm of Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique ® enables the spinal disc to be placed under negative pressure, causing a vacuum effect within it. Because of this negative pressure, disc material that has protruded or herniated can be pulled back within the normal confines of the disc, and permit healing to occur. This technique can help move the disc away from the nerve, reducing inflammation of the nerve root, and eventually any associated pain, pins and needles, numbness or weakness of the leg and arm.
Conditions that may benefit from this treatment
- Slip disc
- Low back pain
- Leg pain/Sciatica
- General lower back stiffness
- Sacroiliac syndrome
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Failed back surgical syndrome